The ECOSAI Assembly comprises Heads of the member SAIs of the ECOSAI. The Board of Governors, in accordance with Article 6, shall consist of five members of which three members are to be elected by the Assembly for a period of three years. Similarly, Article 9(2) of the ECOSAI charter specifies that standing Audit Committee of ECOSAI shall be elected from among the member institutions which are not members of the Governing Board. The election of three members of the Governing Board and two members of the Audit Committee necessitate an election procedure. The election procedure was approved in the 4th ECOSAI Assembly.
Election Procedure for the ECOSAI BOG & Audit Committee
If the number of candidates aspiring to become member of BOG and Audit Committee exceeds three and two respectively, the following election procedure will follow:
- A vote by secret ballot will be held with the voter voting for the prescribed number of candidates.
- After voting, candidates with the most votes will be elected by an absolute majority of votes of the members of the ECOSAI Assembly.
- If, after the first round of voting, the prescribed number of elected candidates does not result, a second round of voting will take place by secret ballot, voting for candidates yet to be elected.
- After the second round of voting, the candidates with the most votes will be elected.
- If, after the voting, the Assembly of the ECOSAI still can not elect the prescribed number of obtained votes, the Governing Board of the ECOSAI shall decide the successful candidate(s) by drawing lots.